[Samba] Roaming profiles and Win2K

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Tue Oct 1 15:55:02 GMT 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-01 at 09:06, Keith Dickinson wrote:
> I've been all through the Samba in 24 hours book as well as the
> How-To-Collection.pdf file and several other resources.  I've got samba
> doing file sharing and authentication as a PDC for a couple of Win2K boxes
> (95/98 to come later).
>
> The machines can authenticate just fine. Problem is that when they log off,
> I get the following error: Windows cannot update your roaming profile.
> Contact your network administrator.

are you sure you've got the permissions correct on the profile share?
what do your logs say?

my config works with win2k machines ...

here are the relevant excerpts

        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 64
        preferred master = True
        domain master = True
note i have an external wins server - you'll probably want to set up
your own.

[netlogon]
        path = /etc/samba/netlogon
        write list = root