[Samba] Roaming profiles and Win2K

Keith Dickinson nanook at pandakc.com
Tue Oct 1 13:06:00 GMT 2002

I've been all through the Samba in 24 hours book as well as the
How-To-Collection.pdf file and several other resources.  I've got samba
doing file sharing and authentication as a PDC for a couple of Win2K boxes
(95/98 to come later).

The machines can authenticate just fine. Problem is that when they log off,
I get the following error: Windows cannot update your roaming profile.
Contact your network administrator.

If anyone has an example config that works with Win2k machines, I'd
appreciate it if they'd throw this dog a bone.

Thanks
   Keith