[Samba] 2.2.5 and DOS file transfers

Michael Girdwood michael at pcbfast.com
Tue Oct 1 07:58:01 GMT 2002

Hi All,

I looked for this in the archive, couldn't immediately find it so apologies if this has been asked before.
I have some dos machines access samba shares, copying files to/from them on a regular basis. For some reason, the transfer rate is very slow, and I can't track down why.
The dos machines are actually win95/98 in dos mode, using msclient. All machines transferred great when the fileserver was windows-based.
I don't know enough about the guts of samba to know what to tweak...any ideas?

Thanks,

Michael