[Samba] Disconnect problem

cantisan cantisan at bol.com.br
Sat Nov 30 20:01:02 GMT 2002

Cantisan,

What type or NIC and HUB doe you have? Ethernet cable quality?

ALL 3COM (3 HUB 24 ports and 1 Swtich 8 Ports to servers, ethernet 3com
10/100), I just finish a b

We have thousands of sites running samba on all varietles of Red Hat. You
should make sure your hardware is all OK. We are seeing an incredible
number of instances of bad hardware that causes similar problems.

Do you have any program that need to keep the connection with a server all
time ? Do you use net use on your login script to map a letter ? Did you see
any red-cross on a map driver letter ? All my clients are Wk2.