[Samba] [homes]

Mike Stewart mike at powys-training.co.uk
Fri Nov 29 16:26:00 GMT 2002

Hi there.. during an installation of Samba (don't recall the version, maybe
2.2.6) on RH 7.2 recently it automatically created the smb.conf file and
this contained basic [global] and [homes] shares.

I've just installed the latest Samba 2.2.7 and it does not create smb.conf
(it says in the instructions that it won't so I'm not surprised) but... the
[homes] entry in the smb.conf I'd seen worked really well for me and I'd
like to use it again.

Seems that the files are now placed in other locations too !

Anyone there got a copy of it ?  I knew I should have written it down.

Mike