[Samba] need smbmount cron script

Rashkae rashkae at wealthmap.ca
Fri Nov 29 14:04:00 GMT 2002

try adding a -f to your cp (For force).  That will prevent cp from
prompting you to overwrite the files.

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Kevin Brown wrote:

I do this manually:
smbmount //Beverley/C /home/data
pwd: "insert pwd"
cp -ruv /home/samba/public /home/data
smbumount /home/data

This lets me do the following:
make a copy of all my samba shares on the server to a client named
Beverley C drive. ruv does the following recursive (all subdirectories and
subfolders) unchanged (only write over when newer) verbose

pwd: "insert pwd" would be my password for that share (secret!!)
the only problem is I can not get cp to do this "quietly or without input,
even dropping the "v" makes me confirm each write. I need to unmount the
share at end of backup. Any ideas of doing it another way much
appreciated. I currently run a cron job, tar -cvfpP /dev/st0
/home/samba/public weekly to save all my samba server shares to tape.

best, kevin brown