[Samba] Problem in authent. a REDHAT 8 machin in a SMB domain

jaramalho at clix.pt jaramalho at clix.pt
Fri Nov 29 12:23:01 GMT 2002

Hello

We are having some problems to authenticate users in a domain with a Samba
server.We installed redhat 8 and in the local machine we would like to
logon with the login/password that is stored in the samba server.
One solution that works is to put all the users in the users local file and
that way we can use the password that is stored in the server  but doing so
we have to create and update  the users file in all pc's.
We have tried configuring PAM to authenticate in the domain with no sucess.

Upon instalation, red hat 8 gives the option to authenticate to in a samba
server. Any sugestions for this are welcome.....

Ramalho