[Samba] Another Samba+ACLs thread

Andrew Furey andrew at terminus.net.au
Fri Nov 29 04:21:02 GMT 2002

 >> $ setfacl -m DOMAIN+andrewfu:rwx myfile
 >> setfacl: Option -m: Invalid argument near character 1
 >
> I had a similar issue on my Debian box.  It seemed that setfacl didn't
> care for special characters.  I changed the separator character to -
> (dash) instead of + or \ and it worked fine.

It looks like that error (invalid argument) is coming up any time the
username is not found on the system. This of course includes anything
added onto it - like DOMAIN+name, DOMAIN-name, etc.

Also, the only mention of a separator that I see in smb.conf is in
relation to winbind, which I'm not using at present (need real users due
to ownership of files; I'm using add user script instead). Should I in
fact be using winbind? If so, how does it fit into the picture?

--
ANDREW FUREY <andrew at terminus.net.au> - Sysadmin/developer for Terminus.
Providing online networks of Australian lawyers (http://www.ilaw.com.au)