[Samba] Connection failed with smbclient

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Fri Nov 29 03:56:00 GMT 2002

nmblookup likely  uses bcasting or a wins server to find a host, whereas
smbclient may use lmhost and  host (/etc/host and DNS) as well, or none
of these, depending on smb.conf. What if you mess with name resolve
order in your global section of smb.conf?

Joel