[Samba] Current master browser = UKNOWN

Simeonidis, Steve SteveSimeonidis at ap.spherion.com
Fri Nov 29 02:05:02 GMT 2002

samba 2.2.5

We use an NT PDC for password authentication
and an NT WINS server.

Both of those systems are on a different subnet.

I have setup remote announce = <PDC subnet broadcast< and
remote browse sync = <WINS server IP>

Do I have to setup the SAMBA server as a master browser?
I don't want to mess things up with the WINS servers.

Thanks

Steve Simeonidis
Network Engineer, Spherion Education
Spherion Group Ltd