[SAMBA] config/performance problem on solaris 8

jra at dp.samba.org jra at dp.samba.org
Thu Nov 28 20:31:01 GMT 2002

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 02:24:16PM -0600, Justin Richards wrote:
> I have tried your advice, infact I removed everything but the necessary
> server information and still no difference.  read speed still very good,
> write speed still way below par.

Ok, now you have to do some work to profile the system and see
where the bottleneck may be. What is the maximum write speed
onto the disk from a local process (ufs on Solaris is notoriously
slow) ? Start there to find what your maximum should be and work
back into Samba to find the bottleneck. System profile tools
(top, vmstat, iostat) are useful here.

Jeremy.