[Samba] Samba share is not writeable

James jhall at jadeinternet.net
Thu Nov 28 18:13:00 GMT 2002

Steve, thanks. Your tip makes mounting the share easier.
I found what I believe was the problem, so I'll share it in case someone
else has the same troubles, and browses upon this thread...
I read somewhere that you can only set permissions on Win XP machines
that are formatted to use the NTFS file system. Mine was FAT 32. So I
changed my file system type to NTFS without data loss by executing:
"convert c: FS:NTFS /V"
And viola, whatever I say dmask is, it is!
Regards,
--James