[Samba] Re: MS DFS and File Replication

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz
Thu Nov 28 04:01:02 GMT 2002

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 08:58:12AM +1100, Tim Potter wrote:
> Jeremy and others are correct about rsync.  It doesn't support ACLs of any
> sort although people have been interested in transfering POSIX (Linux,
> Solaris) and NT ACLs for obvious reasons!

Don't let that stop you. One of our sites uses rsync on NT for backup to a
remote tape library server. Use rsync to backup the data, and cacls into a
file to gain the perm structure.

So the same could be done with xfs - using whatever command it uses to show
ACLs.

Could all be wrapped into one funky shell script...

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417