[Samba] authentication as nobody ?

dwittenb at tux.its.uiowa.edu dwittenb at tux.its.uiowa.edu
Wed Nov 27 22:00:02 GMT 2002

I've got winbind up and running correctly (I think), but still having a
problem.  I created a new share, added:
valid users = domain+username
for my username to be able to access the share, but when I try to connect,
I can connect to the server fine, but when I click on the folder (win2k)
it prompts me again for username/pass, when I enter domain\username and
the correct password it fails, and samba logs:

[2002/11/27 15:52:16, 2] smbd/service.c:make_connection(331)
  Invalid username/password for share [nobody]

Any ideas why it wouldn't use my domain+user?  If I do an smbclient -L
localhost -U domain\\username it authenticates just fine, and if I do a
wbinfo -n domain+username it seems to work fine too.  Ideas ??

Dan