[Samba] How to disable anonymous account on SAMBA

Tran Andy Contr 61 CS/SCBN Hoang.Tran at LOSANGELES.AF.MIL
Wed Nov 27 21:13:58 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I have tried to disable anonymous in smb.conf, by include the global:

restrict anonymous = true
password server = *
encrypt passwords = yes
null passwords = no

Buy when I ran the : ./smbclient -L  myserver -N
I have this message:

added interface ip=111.xx.xx.xx bcast=111.xx.xx.255 nmask=255.255.252.0
Got a positive name query response from 111.xx.xx.xx( 111.xx.xxx.xx)
Anonymous login successful

So how can I disable/block  the anonymous account???

Andy Tran