[Samba] Can't mount Samba share on Linux box, Windows clients OK

Baxter Shepperson baxshep at cox.net
Wed Nov 27 18:34:06 GMT 2002

   Hi all.  I've got most of the Samba config dialed in yet I still
cannot get printing or file sharing going from my main desktop (Debian
Sarge).  Here's what I tried:
root at PlanetExpress:/home/bax# mount -t smbfs -o
username=planetexpress,password=tigerlily //printserver/homes /mnt/Samba
Unknown parameter encountered: "passdb backend"
Ignoring unknown parameter "passdb backend"

  Any ideas?  Printing from CUPS on my Linux box to the Samba box
doesn't work either.  I hope it's something small or stupid because the
Windows clients are running just fine.  I appreciate any
ideas/comments/ridicule anyone might offer.

Baxter
Sgt USMC