[Samba] unable to connect to nt-server with security patch

Christoph Neerfeld Christoph.Neerfeld at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Wed Nov 27 17:51:01 GMT 2002

Hi !

I've applied the security patch from 2.2.7 to a debian package of
2.2.5. This package was already patched to work with ldap and tls
and worked without any problems.

Now after applying the security patch to this package I'm unable
to connect to a NT-server via smbmount or smbclient.
I get:   session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

I reverted the patch, rebuilt my package and voila it works again.

Is it possible that dos_struni2() does not work correctly with all
versions of windows-servers if you give it the length of the
string ?

Regards

Chris

--