[Samba] libnss on solaris

Terry kewl at compfort.pl
Wed Nov 27 17:16:00 GMT 2002

Hello again,

> > > Did you add to the [globals] section:
> > > 	name resolve order = wins bcast host
> >
> > i added this to [global] section and it didnt help :(
> >
> > what else can i do ?
>
> Please tell us what did happen? We are not clairvoyant!

after i configured everything up i just run: ping host
that is in my ms network - visible and reachable for sure.
i can ping it from any ms machine and also use samba's nmblookup to look it up.

> Also, I think you may want in /lib
>
> libnss_wins.so -> libnss_wins.so.1
> libnss_wins.so -> libnss_wins.so.2

i linked even more: :)

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         11 Nov 27 17:53 libnss_wins.so.1 -> nss_wins.so
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         11 Nov 27 17:53 libnss_wins.so.2 -> nss_wins.so
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other     811751 Oct 17 09:26 nss_wins.so
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         11 Nov 27 17:53 nss_wins.so.1 -> nss_wins.so
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         11 Nov 27 17:53 nss_wins.so.2 -> nss_wins.so

> Also, you must run ldconfig (or whatever the equivalent
> command is on your
> system) so that the dynamic linker registers the library.

I dont know of anything like that on solaris. from ld.so.1 manual it seems that
there is no such tool.

have you ever made nss_wins work on solaris ?

thank you for your help,
terry