[Samba] libnss on solaris

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Wed Nov 27 17:05:59 GMT 2002

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, barthek wrote:

> hi,
> >
> > > i am trying to make solaris resolve windows names via
> > nsswitch.conf
> > > using broadcasts and/or wins server.
> > >
> > > i have compiled samba and nsswitch/libnss_wins.so.
> > > i added wins to hosts section in nsswitch.conf and
> > > copied libnss_wins.so as /lib/nss_wins.so.1
> > >
> > > and it does not work. am i missing something?
> >
> > Did you configure your smb.conf file?
> >
> > Did you add to the [globals] section:
> > 	name resolve order = wins bcast host
>
> i added this to [global] section and it didnt help :(
>
> what else can i do ?

Please tell us what did happen? We are not clairvoyant!

Also, I think you may want in /lib

libnss_wins.so -> libnss_wins.so.1
libnss_wins.so -> libnss_wins.so.2

So rename the libnss_wins.so.1 to libnss_wins.so and set symlinks to the
names given.

Also, you must run ldconfig (or whatever the equivalent command is on your
system) so that the dynamic linker registers the library.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org