[Samba] RE: samba digest, Vol 1 #1918 - 24 msgs

Tom Hallewell hallewellt at rfa.org
Wed Nov 27 14:42:01 GMT 2002

You should be able to find the server in W2K's server manager and confirm
that it is a trusted member of the Domain.
It sounds like smbd isn't linking to the acl libs-have you run ldd to see if
you are linking to libacl.so.1?
My recent problem was similar and I found that I wasn't compiling against
the acl libs.
Make sure you have the line (Max said you should have this
before --with-msdfs)

--with-acl-support in debian/rules,

Plus you have to

   vi debian/config.cache
    --> replace "ac_cv_header_sys_acl_h=${ac_cv_header_sys_acl_h=no}"
         with "ac_cv_header_sys_acl_h=${ac_cv_header_sys_acl_h=yes}"

Good luck-it's well worth it once it works!
Tom Hallewell
Radio Free Asia
Washington DC, USA