[Samba] printer list from cups without restart?

Holger Krull holger.krull at hermos.com
Wed Nov 27 09:13:01 GMT 2002

Sorry to all for not telling the solution, i believed it was so obvious
once i found it, so i felt a little ashamed for asking.

As Martin Zielinski wrote sending sighup to all procesesses will work.
To my surprise a '/etc/init.d/smb reload' does exactly this, and i
believed this script exists on every machine, and everyone knew about it.

I'm am now searching how to get rid of the 20 seconds delay on the
windows clients when browsing the printer list for the first time.

Holger