[Samba] Another Samba+ACLs thread

Andrew Furey andrew at terminus.net.au
Wed Nov 27 09:06:00 GMT 2002

> Your w2k-client has to join the Windows-Domain.
>
> I only tried this once with the Samba-Server being the domain's PDC and
> a w2k-client being directly connected to it.
> As long as the client had not joined the domain, I could not add users
> which were generally known to the server but only change ACLs of users
> which were already "attached" to the file.

Hmm.

I don't have a third machine to be a W2k client here (the real setup
will have several hundred, both 2k and NT4, but I'm testing at present).
Hence I have two machines:

* a W2k server which is acting as PDC
* a Samba server which is authenticating to the PDC but providing file
services

and I'm reusing the W2k server as a client - ie. trying to access files
on the Samba server from the W2k box.

As far as I can tell the Samba machine has already joined - password
authentication doesn't work if it doesn't join.

--
ANDREW FUREY <andrew at terminus.net.au> - Sysadmin/developer for Terminus.
Providing online networks of Australian lawyers (http://www.ilaw.com.au)