[Samba] Samba with HP 110x Machines.

René Nieuwenhuizen R.Nieuwenhuizen at cpb.nl
Wed Nov 27 07:00:01 GMT 2002

Gagneet Singh heeft geschreven:

>Hi!
>    We have a HP b2600 Workstation, with HP 110x UNIX system, at our work
>place. Currently it is lying idle and we would like to utilize it.
>
>    Is it possible to put Samba on this machine and use it as a PDC using
>the samba suite?
>
>Thank you for your help
>
>Gagneet

We are currently running samba-2.2.7 on a hp9000 k-class server running
HP/UX-11.00. I've used the gcc-3.1 compiler to compile the source but
any later will do just fine. I've also tried with the HP Ansi-C compiler
but this resulted into a binaries with some instability (don't know why).

One problem I encountered was that _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE was defined. This
causes al file operations to be 64bit but locking structures will still
only support 32bits causing some problems at runtime. I redefined this
to just _LARGEFILE_SOURCE in the Makefile and include/config.h and this
went ok.

Good luck

--
René Nieuwenhuizen
Afdeling Informatietechnologie

Bezoekadres: Van Stolkweg 14, 2585 JR Den Haag
Postadres: Postbus 80510, 2508 GM Den Haag

T (070) 3383 342
F (070) 3383 350
I http://www.cpb.nl/nl/general/org/afdelingen/it/

Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend.
Het bericht is alleen bestemd voor de geadresseerde.
Indien dit bericht niet voor u is bestemd, verzoeken wij u dit onmiddellijk aan
ons te melden en de inhoud van het bericht te vernietigen.

This message shall not constitute any obligations.
This message is intended solely for the addressee.
If you have received this message in error, please inform us immediately and
delete its contents.