[Samba] Another Samba+ACLs thread

Andrew Furey andrew at terminus.net.au
Wed Nov 27 03:23:01 GMT 2002

>>The problem arises when I try to change them from W2k. It silently fails
>>(from 2k's point of view), but in the log files I see something like
>>"unable to map SID [blah] to uid or gid".
 >
> Is the win2k user the owner (in the unix sense) of the file. ?
>
> Even though you have ACL's only the owner or root can actually change them.

Via username mapping, yes (we're a member server in a 2k mixed domain,
but that side of things seems to be working).

On further investigation, it appears that I _can_ modify existing ACLs,
and I can even remove them (users, at least); but I can't add users to
the ACL, which is what I really need.

--
ANDREW FUREY <andrew at terminus.net.au> - Sysadmin/developer for Terminus.
Providing online networks of Australian lawyers (http://www.ilaw.com.au)