[Samba] MSVC TerminalServer Speed

Marris, Dunstan dunstan.marris at ic.ac.uk
Tue Nov 26 18:51:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

Back in 1997 the list was full of tips on making Microsoft Visual C++ Studio
(v6) use files over Samba (v2.2.2 on Solaris). Could someone please point me
to the definitive answers... (beyond speed.txt?) and their current status.

We have an added complication of having 5 developers using each NT4 box over
citrix/Terminalserver. Some days we are fine, but some days we slow to a
crawl of over a minute to open each small text file... Meanwhile the NT box
has minimal CPU used, the file server is large, fast and happy, and the
number of Samba cached files is reasonably low.

Thanks for any help you can suggest,
Dunstan