[Samba] Windows XP

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Tue Nov 26 17:34:24 GMT 2002

On November 26, jht at samba.org said:

> You need to disable "RequiresSignorSeal" in the registry. If you check the
> Samba source tarball, ~samba/docs/Registry/WinXP_SignOrSeal.reg is the
> file you need to double-click on in XP to turn off this feature. The other
> way is to use the Security editor to turn this off.

I've a vague suspicion that this may bite me shortly, but anyway. Is
this registry fix necessary for the CVS/alpha code, and is it
documented somewhere other than in the comment at the top of the
registry file (i.e. what the heck does it do?)

Cheers,
Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

<purl> Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you suck forever.