[Samba] windows 9x Cannot find Domain server

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Tue Nov 26 15:09:01 GMT 2002

On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 09:01:14PM -0200, tpops wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I running on Solaris, and configured Samba to be a
> domain logon server for windows9x boxes. In the dialog
> box that appear in the startup, I typed the login name,
> the passwd and the domain. Then, it appear the message:
> `There is no Domain server to authenticate your password´
> Colud someone help me ?

Try the "Samba-Howto-Collection", where you get a step by step intruction to
setup a samba pdc. Its part of the samba source tar ball
(samba-2.2.7/docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf)

> 	wins proxy = No
> 	wins server =
> 	wins support = No

You must have a wins server on your network.
This should be yes, if no other win nt server will/must do the job.

Think about netlogon share. It makes admin's life easier, because you have a
chance to setup the client mappings of networkdrives snycing time from your
solaris/samba server.

--
Frank Matthieß                                    fm+samba at Microdata-pos.de