[Samba] smbd weirdness

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Tue Nov 26 12:04:01 GMT 2002

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 01:13:33PM -0800, Michael Robinton wrote:
> I have two identical installations of samba v2.25 on linux boxes. On one
> system everything works fine but on the other, copies of smbd start but
> never terminate. The result is that the winduhs boxes that are trying to
> access the samba share get locked out and never find the samba server. The
> configurations of the two systems are identical and I am unable to
> determine why one works and the other does not.
>
> smbd and nmbd are started from inetd.
>
> Any ideas.

You have changed the host- and netbiosname of the second server?
You have make sure the only one wins server is running?
If you setup a windows domain, you have make sure that only one server has pdc
setup?

--
Frank Matthieß                                    fm+samba at Microdata-pos.de