[Samba] smbpasswd problem with LDAP

Marcel Beltz amb at beltz.info
Tue Nov 26 11:01:02 GMT 2002

which distro do you use?
i use virtual user, too. but you have to config your distro to use the
ldap-db for the user. if you make "getent passwd", your have also to
modify your file /etc/nsswitch.conf, it should look like this:

passwd:      files ldap
shadow:      compat
group:       files ldap

maybe help you this document:
http://us6.samba.org/samba/ftp/docs/htmldocs/Samba-LDAP-HOWTO.html

Am Dienstag, 26.11.02, um 11:27 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Tom
Palmaers:

> On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 10:46:15AM +0100, Marcel Beltz wrote:
>
>> sorry, i forget,
>> if you want to create a user the best way ( in my opinion ) is first
>> make the ldap entry without the
>> objectclass sambaAccount
>> and than to make smbpasswd -U william, this will append to your
>> ldap-entry the objectclass sambaAccount with all it's definitions.
> Adding the posixAccount stuff didn't make a difference... :-(
>
> But it's true that i don't have user accounts for those people, i just
> want to use virtual users stored in an ldap.
>
> If i make a posixAccount entry and i try to add the users using
> smbpasswd -a , it says that the user is not present in the /etc/passwd
> file.
>
> If i use -U it give the same old error.
>
> Greetz,
>
> ---
>
> Tom Palmaers
> Better Access Team

---

marcel beltz

beltz.info					email: marcel at beltz.info
am mittleren moos 48		fon: +49 177 736 787 1
86167 augsburg

++