[Samba] smbpasswd problem with LDAP

Tom Palmaers tompee at ba.be
Tue Nov 26 10:29:01 GMT 2002

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 10:46:15AM +0100, Marcel Beltz wrote:

> sorry, i forget,
> if you want to create a user the best way ( in my opinion ) is first to
> make the ldap entry without the
> objectclass sambaAccount
> and than to make smbpasswd -U william, this will append to your
> ldap-entry the objectclass sambaAccount with all it's definitions.
Adding the posixAccount stuff didn't make a difference... :-(

But it's true that i don't have user accounts for those people, i just
want to use virtual users stored in an ldap.

If i make a posixAccount entry and i try to add the users using
smbpasswd -a , it says that the user is not present in the /etc/passwd
file.

If i use -U it give the same old error.

Greetz,

---