[Samba] PDC Problems...

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Tue Nov 26 09:46:37 GMT 2002

On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 01:09:02AM +0000, Brett Cook wrote:
> I've checked all the settings in the smb.conf against the man pages,
> all seem correct.
>
> What else could I be missing? Why can't it see the server?

At the samba maschine command line:

Is the client pc pingable?
Is there a running firewall config which permits/denies services?
Can you access via  smbclient your samba machine?
	"smbclient //tatty/root -U root -W THEMOLE" Make sure that "root" is a
	valid smnbpasswd account.

If one of the answers is no, you have a local problem
(networking/sambaconfig).

What unix/linux do you use?
What samba version do you use?
Do you compile Samba by your self or have you installed a package from your
distri? If you have installed ap package, which one (fullname).

--
Frank Matthieß                                    fm+samba at Microdata-pos.de