[Samba] Big Problem with ml-4500

Ben-Nes Michael miki at canaan.co.il
Tue Nov 26 08:24:37 GMT 2002

Hi All

I bought the Samsung ML-4500 Laser Printer.

I installed it on Mandrake 9.0 successfully using cups and I cant print from
the Linux itself.

I added it to the Samba as Shared Printer.

The Problem started when I wanted to connect from one of winblows :(

The process required me to install the driver from the CD but for my
surprise I couldn't install the drivers as the Winblow OS require me to run
the setup from the installation CD and does not let me install the driver by
choosing inf file ( Good for you Samsung !! )

The result is that I cant connect to the samba from any winblow :(

I tried the method of creating print$ Share but the same happened when I
tried to set new driver from win2k :(

is there a way to fix this problem or go around it ?

maybe to copy required files from local winblow installation ? (W32X86,
WIN40)

Thanks in Advance