[Samba] smbpasswd problem with LDAP

NSC - NetworkServiceCenter nsc at fh-stpoelten.ac.at
Tue Nov 26 06:55:01 GMT 2002

hi,

maybe it's your problem: man smbpasswd !

       -U username
              This option may only be used  in  conjunction  with
              the -r option. When changing a password on a remote
              machine it allows the user to specify the user name
              on  that machine whose password will be changed. It
              is present to allow users who have  different  user
              names  on  different  systems to change these pass­
              words.

try the following steps:

* login as root on the samba-ldap-pdc
* type in: smbpasswd USERNAME    -) without the -U switch

try it! may i'm wrong, but i dont believe

lg
thomas