[Samba] winbind 0xc0000022 error

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Tue Nov 26 00:34:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 08:01:35PM -0600, Daniel Wittenberg wrote:

> # wbinfo -t
> Secret is good
>
> # wbinfo -u
> 0xc0000022
>
> I takes it about 4 seconds to respond, but then all I get is that hex
> code...where does that come from?  I found one reference in the archive,
> and it was samba running version 3 with a bad secret. This is 2.2.6 on
> Red Hat Linux 7.3.  Any ideas why I can't get wbinfo to work?

Do you have RestrictAnonymous set on your DC?  Is the Everyone group not
a member of the "Pre-Windows 2000 Compatibility" group?

You can check to see if anonymous enumeration of user lists (required
for wbinfo -u) can be done using rpcclient:

rpcclient SERVER -U % -c querydispinfo

If this returns access denied then one of the above situations is true.

You can either enable anonymous access to your domain controller or use
wbinfo --set-auth user username%password to give winbindd a username to
use instead of connecting anonymously.

Tim.