[Samba] samba3.0+pdc+ldap adding machines to domain

Samba Guy samba at technocraft.com
Mon Nov 25 22:15:01 GMT 2002

Has anyone had any luck adding machine accounts from w2k to a samba 3.0
pdc?  I posted the issue last week, as I noticed others were encountering
the same problem.  The weird thing is I had it working on a box before.
But this time I'm using pam_ldap to avoid local unix accounts, and it
wont work.  I copied the config over from the box that was working, made
changes for the different config and it doesnt work.

Samba will add the account, but then comes back with bad username and
password.  If I try again with the account created I get "parameter is
incorrect".