[Samba] Upgrading to Samba 2.2.7

Carl Ambroise cambroise at mxenergy.com
Mon Nov 25 17:48:00 GMT 2002

Hi:

I am the system admin at my company.  We are running Samba 2.2.2 and I have been made aware of security issue for 2.2.2 - 2.2.6.

I went to your web site, found this page:
http://au1.samba.org/samba/whatsnew/samba-2.2.7.html

but does not speak on upgrading from an earlier version.  Found this page "Unofficial How To" , the first part of which seems to describe upgrading:
http://hr.uoregon.edu/davidrl/samba.html

Can you direct me to a location that has instructions specifically on upgrading to 2.2.7.

Also do I need to stop Samba first, install patch and then restart?

Thanks,

Carl Ambroise
MxEnergy
203-356-1318