[Samba] lost and confused

Gavin gavin-39 at lapis.plala.or.jp
Mon Nov 25 06:48:01 GMT 2002

Dear List,

I'm BRAND NEW to samba but I have RTFM, checked the samba for dummies book and
a host of other texted docs and I'm still lost. Is there a site the can
explain setting up samba without all the bla bla bla.. I have a school in
japan and I have samba running on my Mandrake linux 8.2 prosuite box. I want
my other boxes (linux and windows) to 1. use the printer and 2. students can
access their folders on the server.  at the moment, none of my boxes can
access the server files or printer, the windows boxes do not show a
connection to the server on the network.. My server box also doubles as my
firewall.
I did some firewall checking and found out that ports 136 and 139 are
stealthed to the internet, could this also be a problem.. (server is also
blocking the win connects) if more information is need please let me know
a.s.a.p!
TIA

Gavin

--