[Samba] Upgrading to Samba 2.2.7

naugaranch naugaranch at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 23 17:31:03 GMT 2002

I'm running Red Hat version 7.2 as server.  It has been fully upgraded from
Red Hat UP2DATE.

Samba 2.2.3a is currently running on the server with a working smb.conf
file.  I've noted a lot of comments/suggestions to upgrade to Samba 2.2.7.
I find 2 files on the samba.org site for Red Hat 7.x: samba2.2.7-1.i386.rpm
and samba2.2.7.src.rpm

When trying to install with the Package Manager I get:

samba2.2.7-1.i386.rpm  "needs libcups.so.2"  Apparently Samba 2.2.7 requires
CUPS installed?  Now in the process of downloading.

samba2.2.7.src.rpm   "error"  dialog box listing the rpm name.  Something
else I need to be dong?  Perhaps I got a corrupt file?

Since RPMs are available relly hate to have to build form the binaries......

Tom Winfield