[Samba] smbclient: support for long share names..?

Diana McKenna dmckenna at mathworks.com
Fri Nov 22 19:51:02 GMT 2002

Thank you.  It looks like unicode will be supported in samba 3.0 so I tried
the alpha version that's out since the Roadmap to 3.0 indicates that the
code and test for unicode support are done but alas I think there must be
more yet todo since I get the following output from smbclient 3.0
alpha.  Guess we'll have to find another solution until samba unicode
support is ready.  : (

% smbclient -L filer -N
Conversion from UCS-2LE to CP850 not supported
Conversion from UTF8 to CP850 not supported
Conversion from ASCII to CP850 not supported
Conversion from CP850 to UCS-2LE not supported
Conversion from CP850 to UTF8 not supported
Conversion from CP850 to ASCII not supported
Conversion from CP850 to UTF8 not supported
Conversion from UTF8 to CP850 not supported

Thank you again for your time,

Diana