[Samba] "Destination unreachable"

Richard Canada richard.canada at mrli.ppdi.com
Fri Nov 22 19:03:00 GMT 2002

Has anyone experienced the message "Destination unreachable"
while trying to login?

I have samba-2.2.7 running on RedHat 7.3; I have a win98
client PC.  Samba is running fine; I am using Ethereal to
monitor connections for samba-win98.  I have WINS configured
and running, seems to be fine.  My login works for smbclient
-L \\samba-server, so I know that it is not a password issue
(i am using smbpasswd file on local machine).

Can anyone help me?  Here is my pdc config file

# This is the PDC smb.conf file   #
#       #
# DO NOT EDIT WITH SWAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  #

[netlogon]
 comment = The Domain Logon Server
 path = /usr/local/samba227/logon
 browseable = no
 write ok = no
 locking = no

[global]
 workgroup = MRLSYS
 netbios name = pdc_home
 server string = MRLSYS PDC Samba Server .v%v on %h
 announce as = NT Server
 announce version = 4.2
 interfaces = 172.16.16.5
 bind interfaces only = yes

 log file = /usr/local/samba227/log/log.%m.pdc
 log level = 3
 lock directory = /usr/local/samba227/locks_pdc
 pid directory = /usr/local/samba227/pids_pdc

 wins support = yes

 encrypt passwords = yes
 smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba227/private/smbpasswd

 domain logons = yes
 domain master = yes
 preferred master = yes
 local master = yes
 logon script = startup.bat

 large readwrite = yes

 name resolve order = lmhosts host wins

 null passwords = no

 os level = 99

 security = domain

 browse list = yes
 browseable = yes
 dns proxy = no
 read only = no

This email transmission and any documents, files or previous email
messages attached to it may contain information that is confidential or
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or a person
responsible for delivering this transmission to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that you must not read this transmission and
that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution or use of this
transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone
or return email and delete the original transmission and its attachments
without reading or saving in any manner.