[Samba] wbinfo -A trouble

jmcdsmb at maine.rr.com jmcdsmb at maine.rr.com
Fri Nov 22 16:04:01 GMT 2002

"Collins, Kevin" wrote:

> > 5) Before starting smbd, nmbd winbindd I run 'wbinfo -A admin%password
> >       -here is the error I get:
>
> I think this is your problem:  I believe smbd, nmbd and winbindd all
> need to be running for this work.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Nope, this should be run before winbindd.  Some wbinfo calls require
winbindd to be running, but this sets the userid that winbindd will use to
connect to the DC.

I think the problem is that you need to have 'wbinfo -A
DOMAIN+admin%password', that is, add in the domain and winbind separator on
the wbinfo command.

Jim McDonough
Samba Team