[Samba] wbinfo -A trouble

Benjamin Herbert herbert at isis.visi.com
Fri Nov 22 15:21:27 GMT 2002

I am running redhat 7.2 and samba 2.2.6.  We have a Win2K domain running
in native mode.  I have security set to domain, so to get around the
null session problem I have to run 'wbinfo -A admin%password'.  Here is
the procedure I use:

1) Install samba.
2) Configure smb.conf
3) Make machine account on Win2k server (Pre-Windows 2000 checked)
4) Join the domain with 'smbpasswd -j DOMAIN -r Win2kserver -U admin'
	- Replies success
5) Before starting smbd, nmbd winbindd I run 'wbinfo -A admin%password
	-here is the error I get:

	could not obtain winbind separator!
	could not obtain winbind domain name!

It seems like this corrupts the secrets.tdb file as well because winbind
will crash from this point on.

I'v also tried to run wbinfo -A after starting the daemons to no avail.

Here are the pertinent parts of my smb.conf file:

winbind uid = 10000-20000
winbind gid = 10000-20000
winbind separator = +
winbind cache time = 15