[Samba] Password puzzle

Peter cogwepeter at cogweb.net
Fri Nov 22 14:06:01 GMT 2002

Greetings --

I'm trying to export my printer to samba, using cupsaddsmb, and I'm
running into a stupid problem. When I give the command

	cupsaddsmb -a

I get this, as I should:

	Password for root required to access localhost via SAMBA:

I had just set the password for root in SWAT, and I've also done it with
smbpasswd. However, the password I gave doesn't get me past this line.

What's going on? Where do I set the password it's looking for, or tell it
not not worry about passwords?

I'd really appreciate some help on this -- I need that printer, and have
looked everywhere for a solution. There's got to be a simple answer.

Cheers,
Peter

peter at cogweb dot net
(responding to cogwepeter won't work)