[Samba] RE: License Metering Software to work with SAMBA

Thomas G. Tri, P.E. ttri at skees.com
Fri Nov 22 13:24:00 GMT 2002

Andrew:

Thanks for the heads up. As always, the support you guys give to an open
source product amazes me. We worked with Jeremy & John Terpstra a few years
ago when there was a problem with how AutoCAD was creating lock files
(AutoCAD R14 running against SAMBA 1.9.something; it ended up being a
timing issue that AutoDesk & Microsoft resolved, as well as samba 2.0
provided an internal workaround).

I downloaded the 2.2.7 code last night & built it. Because this is a
production server I have to wait until off-hours to make the install
(hopefully Sun or Mon). This was going to be our last effort at trying to
make the Express Meter software work.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the source code to duplicate the API
calls (Express Metrix is the software vendor).