[Samba] ACLs with samba

Noel Kelly nkelly at citrusnetworks.net
Fri Nov 22 13:02:01 GMT 2002

Only the owner of a file/directory can alter the permissions through the
Windoze client.  If you want to be able to change everyone's ACLs then
create a special admin share with 'force user = root' and this will ensure
that, as root, you can do anything to anything (dangerous so make sure you
don't let anyone else near the share!).

Noel