[Samba] acl: what's missing ?

Herbert Hinkelstein wlb.bag at gmx.net
Fri Nov 22 12:27:00 GMT 2002

hello everybody,

I'm running Debian unstable/testing using kernel 2.4.19 + (working)
acl+xattr patch 0.8.53.
these are my installed acl-related packages and the output of
./configure concerning acls :

shai-hulud:/usr/src/samba/source# dpkg -l | grep acl; ./configure | grep
-i acl

ii  acl            2.1.1-1        Access control list utilities
ii  libacl1        2.1.1-1        Access control list shared library
ii  libacl1-dev    2.1.1-1        Access control list static libraries
and hea
checking for sys/acl.h... yes
checking for _acl... no
checking for __acl... no
checking for _facl... no
checking for __facl... no
checking whether to support ACLs... no

now, what am i missing here ? why is acl support _not included ?
thanks in advance!
wolfgang