[Samba] Starting smbd & nmbd from xinetd ?

Stewart Thompson stewart.thompson at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 22 10:37:01 GMT 2002

Mike:

	In Redhat 7.2 you can start and stop samba with the service script.
I.e. service smb start. To set it up to auto boot, run setup at  the command
line
and select system services. Then scroll down to smb and select it. If it is
not
there, it may be that Samba is installed somewhere it doesn't expect it.
HTH.