[Samba] Starting smbd & nmbd from xinetd ?

Mike Stewart mike at powys-training.co.uk
Fri Nov 22 10:06:01 GMT 2002

Hi there,

Just experimenting with Samba (latest version) running on RH 7.2  Everything
seems to be OK, got it running and can access shares but...  smbd and nmbd
have to be started manually !  ( using  # /usr/local/samba/bin/smbd -D  and
then # /usr/local/samba/bin/nmbd -D ).  Any idea how I set it to start at
bootup ?  It doesn't show up in the services configuration under the RH
configuration manager and as I'm very new to linux/samba I don't know how to
set it up (probably somewhere in xinetd ?)

Any help appreciated.

Mike