[Samba] PDC Problems...

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Fri Nov 22 09:29:01 GMT 2002

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 09:07:48AM +0000, Brett.Cook at students.dmu.ac.uk wrote:
> >Do you use the docu from the Samba howto collection?
>
> Yes. I used the "How to Configure Samba 2.2 as a Primary Domain
> Controller" HOWTO.
>
> >Did you check your running config (get this with testparm) and verified
> it
> >against docu and "man smb.conf".
>
> Yes, all seems to be fine. Is there any other configs I should change?

I think no.

> All workstations are on the same subnet, server by the DHCP server
> (Samba machine) which gives out the WINS server address as itself.

Do you try to setup the machine account manually on the samba pdc?

> I just don't understand what it could be. It's so frustrating!

Does the local connection funtion properly? Make it running first. Than you
are sure, that all other problems must be client and/or network problems.

What happend, if you try to "browse" via smbclient from samba server
commandline to your samba service?

smbclient -L samabservername -U adminusername -W domainname

With
smbclient  //samabservername/sharename -U adminusername -W domainname

you are logon and get another commandline ontop of samba in the named share.

What happend? Any error messages? Which?

--
Frank Matthieß                                    fm+samba at Microdata-pos.de