[samba] unable to login to domain using XP

Oliver Thinnes O.Thinnes at pulsaar.de
Fri Nov 22 08:48:01 GMT 2002

Windows XP tries to connect to a Server over encrypted connection.

Goto....

Control Panel
Performance and Maintenance
Administrative Tools
Local Security Policy
Under the Local security settings goto
Local Policies
Security options
In the right pain look for.....
Domain member:Digitally encrypt or sign secure channel data (allways)
Change setting to disabled
Close the local security settings window and first try reloging into the
domain. If for some reason that doesnt work reboot then try it again.

This worked at my machines.